23 June 2008

First night in New Orleans

I had a dream last night that I was back at High School. It had just been rebuilt and had room for tons of kids, even little tiny ones. I went into my math class, where there were also some other people from my High School, notably a group of overly eager people who REALLY REALLY wanted to sit with each other in the front row. I took a spot in the back next to Allison. There was a math problem up on the overhead that everyone was working on. I looked at it for a minute and picked up my pen as if I were going to attempt to solve it. After a few seconds and looking around, I put down my pen and said out loud to the class, "Yeah...this isn't the place for me, so...I'm just going to go now. History is more my thing. I like facts. I like reading and writing History ...so... see ya later." I stood up and my math teacher, Mr. Rowe (the same man from my Pre-Calculus and AP Calculus classes), followed me out the door. He gave me a huge bear hug, lifted me off of the ground even, and said, "Good luck. I think you should write your first novel." But in very kind and supportive way and then went on to describe what I should have in my novel, WHICH! terribly, I can't remember now, but he went on for quite some time. Then I walked away and woke up.

Is this a bad sign?

No comments: