As usual, the men of Alban Stolz Haus are playing a game of soccer outside my window. Not that I mind or anything, but it is kindof hard to take a nap if the window is open. Good thing for me I fell asleep about an hour and a half before they started playing. The beginning of their game did mark the end of my nap, however. I probably should've gotten up anyway.
Yesterday we went on a field trip to a company that makes bikes for handicapped people. Neat-o. Not everyone from IES came, so it was a pretty small group of Americans plus a small group of French people. And I guess I'm going to discriminate when I say this but they were pretty much everything a French person is supposed to be. Smoking cigarettes at every opportunity, seriously made-up and completely disinterested. Frankly, (ha, that's sort of a pun...Frankreich is France in German) they seemed kind of like assholes. But everyone knows I'm perfect. Because we went on our trip by train, at the end of the day we were left with train tickets that were good for travel anywhere within Baden-Wuerttemburg. I went with a group to Heidelberg. It was sleepy and beautiful. We walked up three-hundred-and-fifteen steps to view a castle. Naturally, while talking about tripping going on steps, I tripped...on the fifteenth step. That was my third trip of the day....three more would follow. Since coming to Germany, I've turned into something like a baby giraffe. I can't walk anywhere without stumbling..and this is without alcohol. I actually become more coordinated with every drink--smarter too! Anyway, Heidelberg was great and I'm glad that I was with people who understood the train system because I probably would've ended up in Russia had the navigation been left up to me.
Today we had the first half of our language placement exams. I suspect I will be in the lowest group. And I'm writing a letter to UT for my money back. Just kidding, sort of... but it turns out things could've been different. I suppose I could've studied more but that would mean me taking responsibility for my actions and that's simply un-American. It's not my fault I'm stupid...or clumsy. Anyhow, that came out much more negative than it should've of, but seriously, I think you're actually supposed to speak German in your german classes. We have our oral exams tomorrow which will thankfully be over in 15 minutes. I hope I don't die.
In conclusion, I need to go finish all the food in my kitchen. We leave for Prague and eastern Germany early Sunday morning and I refuse to have food I've paid good money for go to waste. Until later, I leave you with a mouth full of food and a rested mind.
15 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Annie- You have a bright future in comedic writing and your stories make me laugh OUT LOUD. Keep writing....we are reading and enjoying.
Love, Papa
Post a Comment