Good news: the weather has performed a total 180. The skies are clear and it's not too windy. The past week has been completely miserable weather and it was definitely bringing down my mood. There was a lunar eclipse last night but I didn't get to see the whole thing because we went into a "dance bar" that was pretty horrible. Crowded, expensive, and hot...it wasn't very fun. I did have fun with the girls I was with though. Shout out to the ladies if you're reading- Crabs, Blondie, just Jane.....good night. Joscelyn, where were you?? I think next week we should go out during the week, as that is what we have been told, by the real live Germans, is when most people go out.
I slept in far too late today, mostly because I could but also because I stayed up until the sun came out. I sort of wish I hadn't wasted so much of today but I needed the rest. I'm trying to figure out now if I can maybe walk up the big hill outside of my window. I know it's possible, but I'm not sure what direction to head. I may just walk towards town and sort of wander around. A lot of the other IES people are at a soccer match today, so alas, I am alone. You know how much I enjoy sports...
Oh, so yesterday we went to Switzerland...We were supposed to go hiking but the weather was so horrible that we had to go to Lucerne instead and wander around the city for several hours. Pretty crappy weather, too expensive everywhere. IES gave each of us 20 Swiss Francs which pretty much only covered the entrance fee to an hour long IMAX movie, which I fell asleep for half of anyway. I think it was about penguins. Eitherway, that's the most expensive nap I've ever taken. I think Lucerne would be a lot more enjoyable had the weather been warmer and it wasn't raining. It seems like a good place to walk around, i.e. not have to spend any money. I plan on going back, but hopefully to somewhere else. I'm not really sure where yet, but there should be chocolate and yodeling.
Alright, I'm off to go wander in Freiburg. Hopefully I can find somewhere open that I can buy a coffee. I need a caffeine fix and a little extra motivation. Be good my babies, know that I'm missing you all a lot.
04 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment