01 August 2008

Tired.

Having a full-time job is a lot of work. Ha..ha.

I flew back to Austin on Wednesday night and I am feeling a little bit tired. I've been thinking that maybe I should get one of those credit cards that gives you airline miles when you buy stuff. I don't know when I got to flying so much, but I feel like I do. And I think that's funny because I like to think that I'm somewhat of a "green person". Austin was nice, though. I got to hit up the three food establishments I've been missing (Mother's, FoodHeads and Wheatsville) and spend time with friends I thought I wouldn't see for a long time.

ANYWAY, on the plane this morning I felt tired because it was 6:45AM and I've had about eight hours of sleep the past two nights. The clouds looked like the stuffing had been ripped out of a giant, well-loved teddy bear's stomach. And I got to watch the sun rise, which is nice, although I guess I see it rise almost every weekday now.

I don't know. The past couple of days have just got me to get to some thinking. I whine too often about things that really aren't problems. However, I don't think that I should spend so much time down playing the value of my problems or comparing them to problems that will Always be worse than mine (poverty, hunger, whatnot) because they do still matter to my life. Do you know what I mean? Just because it's middle class, doesn't make it a non-problem.

Sigh, I'm still tired and this doesn't make much sense. I think I should take a nap.

No comments: